Are you interested in working at the OtherHalf headquarters? The details about the Internship Program are available below.
OtherHalf—Chinese Stem Cell Initiative is a registered charity (registered charitable no.: 85507 3862 RR0001) conducting stem cell drives and sustained awareness campaigns to advocate stem cell donation in the Chinese community to bridge the gap of the underrepresentation of registered Chinese donors in the stem cell donor pool so that more Chinese patients can be saved.
Our current focus is to recruit more committed Chinese Canadians in the age range of 17 – 35 and predominantly male as optimal stem cell donors to patients in need.
To help us achieve this goal, we are looking for qualified college/university student intern(s) to help OtherHalf successfully develop its cause in the Chinese Canadian youth demographics.
College/University Student Summer Intern Position: Online Marketing, Events and Fundraising (16-week internship)
OtherHalf is looking for dedicated student intern(s) who are passionate about helping to further OtherHalf’s cause in the Chinese Canadian youth demographics. Key areas of focus are online marketing campaign, events and fundraising.
The candidates will be working in a hands-on learning environment within a small organization, which will allow him/her to gain practical experience in the non-profit field.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
Online Marketing Campaign & Communications
- formulate ideas, develop and execute an online marketing campaign to drive young Chinese Canadians aged 17 – 35 to sign up as potential stem cell donors online during the summer months
- develop strategies to effectively expand the follower base of OtherHalf’s various social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc. to sustain awareness of the cause in the youth community
- assist in contributing ideas and preparing promotional materials such as posters, fliers, pamphlets etc. and communication pieces such as e-blasts/newsletters to maintain communication with OtherHalf’s supporters and stakeholders
- assist in updating OtherHalf’s website content and translating materials from Chinese to English and vice versa as required
- assist in planning and working out event logistics prior to stem cell donor drives and other events
- assist in volunteer recruitment prior to events, and coordinating with volunteers before and during the events
- assist in preparing, packing and delivery of supplies from office to event venues and vice versa
- assist in the overall implementation of events on-site
- formulate ideas, develop and execute a grassroots fundraising campaign to fundraise for OtherHalf
- assist in identifying potential sponsors/funders for various campaigns/events
Requirements, Critical Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be passionate about further OtherHalf’s cause to the Chinese Canadian youth demographics
- College/University student
- Practical experience in/knowledge of one or more of these areas: online marketing, fundraising, graphic design, event planning and volunteer management
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written (a definite plus if the candidate can speak, read and write Chinese – Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
- Creative, self-motivated, pro-active and dedicated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Superior computer skills including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Action-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and independently
- Enjoy working in small team setting
- Holder of valid driver’s license in Ontario and access to vehicle a definite plus
Internship terms are a minimum of 10 hours/week for 16 weeks, or a minimum of 160 hours over a period of 16 weeks. Evening and weekend hours may be required at times of events.
Upon successful completion of the internship program with satisfactory performance, the student intern will receive an honorarium of up to $1,500 and a reference letter from OtherHalf.
To apply, please send your resume (with references) and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
In the subject heading please write: 2014 Summer Intern Posting” and ensure that documents are sent in MS Word Compatible format
Application deadline: March 16, 2014 (Sunday)
Internship commencement: May 5th, 2014
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.